The Perennials + group meets the 3rd Thursday of each month (September through May) and explores ways of using perennials in the garden and the home as well as their cultivation. A fun and informative program is presented each month, based on the group’s interest. Details are published in the club’s newsletter. Meetings are for club members only, although attendance is quite fluid, as members simply attend any group meetings that interest them. For more information, contact Pam Newhouse.
- Garden Books and Writers (January 2021)
- Celia Thaxter resources (from Jeanne Nevard)
- About Katherine White (from Barbara Williams)
- Sarah Orne Jewett resources (from Kathy Brundage)
- To read:
- Country of the Pointed Firs and Other Stories by Sarah Orne Jewett
- Sarah Orne Jewett: Her World and Her Work by Paula Blanchar
- To visit:
- To read:
- Creating a Cut Flower Garden (Jan Ward, Nov. 2020)
- Recipes from “Cooking with Herbs” Perennials+ meeting (September 2019):
Kuku Sabzi (Baked Persian Herb Omelet), Lovage Dip, Salted Thyme Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Iced Tea, Herbed Breakfast, and Mint Potatoes.
- Medicinal and Edible Backyard Weeds and Energetics Quiz (Kat Kausch, My Little Apothecary, March 2019)
- Let’s Talk Catalogs! A selection of nursery plant and seed catalogs to inspire the gardener (Kathy Brundage, Jan. 2019)