The Perennials+ group, which focuses on topics related to perennials, meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from September through May. Monthly programs are based on the group’s interests and include a combination of presentations, workshops, and field trips. Topics for the year are listed in Signup Genius and additional details are published in the club’s newsletter. The group is open to all club members, however members interested in a specific meeting must sign up using Signup Genius since attendance may be limited. For more information, contact Kathie Breen.
- Garden Books and Writers (January 2021)
- Celia Thaxter resources (from Jeanne Nevard)
- About Katherine White (from Barbara Williams)
- Sarah Orne Jewett resources (from Kathy Brundage)
- To read:
- Country of the Pointed Firs and Other Stories by Sarah Orne Jewett
- Sarah Orne Jewett: Her World and Her Work by Paula Blanchar
- To visit:
- To read:
- Creating a Cut Flower Garden (Jan Ward, Nov. 2020)
- Recipes from “Cooking with Herbs” Perennials+ meeting (September 2019):
Kuku Sabzi (Baked Persian Herb Omelet), Lovage Dip, Salted Thyme Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Iced Tea, Herbed Breakfast, and Mint Potatoes.
- Medicinal and Edible Backyard Weeds and Energetics Quiz (Kat Kausch, My Little Apothecary, March 2019)
- Let’s Talk Catalogs! A selection of nursery plant and seed catalogs to inspire the gardener (Kathy Brundage, Jan. 2019)
- Growing Vines plus Vines Shopping Guide (Joan O’Brien, March 2015)