The Amherst Garden Club gives back to the local community in many ways, from contributing to worthy causes to awarding scholarships. Fundraising efforts include the annual plant sale, the Memory Tree, and special events such as garden tours.
The Amherst Garden Club maintains a Charitable Fund and awards grants to mission-related causes. Funds are raised through various fundraising activities and from contributions, such as memorial contributions made in memory of a loved one.
The Charitable Fund is overseen by appointed members of the club. Grants are awarded on a rolling basis and reviewed as applications are received.
To apply for a grant, print and submit the Charitable Fund Application.
Past Grant Recipients
- 2017 The Amherst Garden Shed Project and the Master Gardeners Free Seed Program
- 2016 Amherst Town Library (picnic table and benches in the rear garden)
- 2015 Joshua’s Park/Community Gardens
- 2014 Mont Vernon Elementary School (to establish children’s gardens and a garden curriculum)
- 2013 The Society for the Preservation of NH Forests
- 2012 SHARE
- 2011 Sustainable Garden Program at Amherst Middle School and Garden Projects at Souhegan High School
- 2010 SHARE
- 2009 SHARE Christmas Program
- 2008 Sustainable Garden Program at Souhegan High School and Garden Projects at Amherst Amherst Middle School
- 2007 Amherst Town Civic Projects (beautification)
- 2006 Peabody Mill Environmental Center/Educational equipment
- 2005 Amherst Town Library (sitting area & gardens in back of the library)
- 2004 Peabody Mill Environmental Center Building Fund
- 2003 Purgatory Watershed Conservancy (purchase of 78 acres in Mont Vernon)
- 2002 The Heritage Commission/Brick School Beautification Project
- 2001 Garden Benches/Parkhurst Place, Amherst
- 2000 Community Hospice in Merrimack (landscaping efforts)
- 1999 Amherst Meetinghouse (church steeple fund)
- 1998 MAP PROJECT @ Joe English Reservation & Pond Parish Trails
- 1997 Sheldrick Forest Preserve — The Nature Conservancy
- 1996 The Society for the Preservation of NH Forests
- 1995 The Lost Village of Monson