From Marti Warren:
We have potted just under 3000 perennials/shrubs/trees/herbs in the past month, around 200 varieties. With the crazy April weather and the deer population growing in Amherst, it was no easy feat! Thanks to all the wonderful Amherst Gardeners for their focus and determination to make this years plant sale another success!
The plant inventory list is now available on our 2014 Plant Sale Inventory page.
The majority of the perennials are $5.00. Some pots have been individually priced.
A Special Herb Section features $4.00 pots. (4”) All plants are found alphabetically by Latin name.
2 POT PLANT LIMIT: Dicentra spectabilis (bleeding heart) and Peonies.
Tips for finding what you’re looking for:
- Grasses are all under the “G”
- Iris are found under the “I”
- Special Hemerocallis (Day lilies) and Hosta are found under the “H”
- Herbs: Are in the Herb Section
- Ground Covers: are found at the end of the alphabet in their own section.
The “guest vendors” sell annuals, vegetables, shrubs, hanging baskets, herbs, and perennials. Check them out!
The “club venders” sell yummy food, gently used gardening books and magazines, used garden tools, Flags & Poles.
- potting a plant for Mother’s Day.
- Talking with a garden consultant, to get some new ideas for you garden.